It’s the end of January.
That means I am one month closer to saying good-bye to Seattle. Good-bye to the Pacific Northwest. To the very tall Evergreens and the subtly beautiful foggy mornings.
It’s a mix of emotions I never thought I would experience. Perhaps because it feels so final.
I feel as though I’m scrambling to remember all the things I won’t be able to do when I no longer live in Seattle.
And maybe this isn’t good-bye. Maybe it’s just “so long, until we meet again”
Pacific Northwest Bucket List:
- Vist Cape Disappointment, again
- Pick apples on a farm
- Have a bonfire at Golden Gardens
- Spend as much time with my friends as possible
- Try as many microbrews as I can
- Experience the Fremont Solstice Festival
- Ride the ferry to Orcas Island
- Pick Lavender in Sequim
- Eat at my favorite Thai Restaurant
- and get as much of Molly Moon’s as I can
- Visit the Goonies house in Astoria, Oregon
- Visit Mount St. Helen’s
- Attend another performance by the Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Seattle Symphony Orchestra
- Take the pups to Marymoor as much as possible
- Run a half marathon in Vancouver, BC
- Eat another Voodoo Doughnut
- Visit the Butchart Gardens in Victoria, BC
- Catch the Mariners and the Tigers play at Safeco Field
If you have any other suggestions for my list, I would love to hear them!