Tater tots are probably on my top five list of childhood favorites [never mind that I still occasionally sneak them into the cart at the grocery store]. It isn’t because I am biggest fan of potatoes. I can easily pass on french fries or baked potatoes. I don’t necessarily feel that hash browns are the cat’s meow. There is just something about tater tots. Especially crispy tater tots.
I think that Matt would probably frown upon a dinner of just tater tots, so I created this grown up version. Perfect as a meal, snack or side dish:
Quinoa Tater Tots
- 2 cups uncooked shredded potatoes
- 1 cup uncooked shredded carrots
- 2 stalks of diced green onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of brown rice flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredient in a large bowl, making sure to mix completely.
- Grease the bottoms of a cupcake pan with coconut oil. This recipe will yield 24 cups, so if you have two pans, grease ’em up!
- Fill each cup 1/2 full with your mixture. Using your finger tips, gently press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until crispy on top.
Serve these with Wasabi mayo for a kick. And be sure to lick your fingers when you’re done.